Friday, October 25, 2013

Trunk and Treat (with a few tricks thrown in)

We participated in our very first Trunk and Treat last night at Will's school.

As much as I thought about purchasing decorations for our 'trunk' (back end of Blue Betty aka the suburban), I never actually made and executed a plan.

That plan turned into a mad dash to Walgreen's on my way home from work yesterday and grabbing whatever I could...which, honestly, wasn't a lot....their shelves were pretty bare...interesting since Halloween is still a week away.  But I guess those that plan well have already decorated.  Fail.

So, $40 later....(I guess you pay for for not planning).....this is what we had.....not a whole lot.  And seriously nothing compared to what other people did.  Seriously....there were fog machines, larger than life spiders, noisy ghosts and goblins, pumpkins aglow.  Yup...definitely need to step it up next year. The skull had a strobe light and the ghost changed colors...but you can only appreciate that in the dark.


 Robo-tron and Zombie Jared walked around together to get some loot (Ari also treated with some fellow high schoolers....but no photographic evidence actually exists).  Ari convinced J to do his make-up.  I think he pulled it off well....he even dragged his leg while walking.  He may have moaned a time or two...but he does that normally, so one may not have noticed a difference.


At one point, I kind of got excited when I saw Moses walk by.  I was really impressed that someone, especially a kid, would think of that for a costume.  Seriously...how cool!  And I may have exclaimed that out loud......and then I may have felt a tiny bit silly when Ari was quick to point out that it was actually Gandalf from Lord of the Rings.  Yeah - well, don't make movie characters that look exactly like Biblical figures!  It totally confuses us old Catholics!!!


So......a Halloween celebration wouldn't be complete without a few tricks.  The family parked next to us had all sorts of lights plugged in for their display.  Ya know what happened when they tried to leave?  Yep....they were dead.  Fortunately, Dan carries jumper cables and my phone has an awesome flashlight....so 10 minutes later, they were good to go!  Wish I could say the same for us....

Did I mention that the event took place on the playground that is used by the kindergarten class?  Ya know....Will's class.  Ummm....it's full of wood chips and uneven playing surfaces.  And yeah, when we backed out, our back tires buried themselves into said woodchip-covered-uneven-surface.  Can you say stuck????

4 guys pushing and me at the wheel.....we eventually made our way out.  And then the principal came over as we were trying to fill in the holes on the playground and accused us of burying bodies?  Seriously????  I mean come on.....we are way too good at burying bodies to make it that obvious!

William is excited to go to school today and tell everyone that the tire tracks on their playground are compliments of his Dad.  Darn kids!

Annnnndddddd this weekend, I think Dan and I are going to sneak onto the playground with a few bags of replacement wood chips....you know.....just to make sure the bodies aren't found!

1 comment:

DF.LoyE said...

We assured the principal the victims were not well thought of, and that appears to have appeased her concern.